1 bunch baby beetroot
1 red onion cut into wedges
100g spinach leaves
60g Goats cheese
1/2 pack alfalfa sprouts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
salt and cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200C
2. Scrub the beetroot and trim the stalks and tips. Toss in a little olive oil then cover each one in foil. Place on a baking tray. Toss the onion in a little oil as well and place on the baking tray.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool enough that you can unwrap and handle the beetroot.
4. Using disposable gloves if you prefer, remove the skins from the beetroot and cut in half. Cut any larger ones into quarters.
5. Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
6. Arrange alfalfa sprouts and spinach leaves on serving plates along with warm beetroot and onions. Crumble over some goats cheese and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.