Sprouts are kept fresh and crisp in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store. You can find the Hugo’s Fresh range at speciality retailers and the Aussie Sprouts range at Coles and Woolworths. Parilla Fresh pack and distribute sprouts 6 days per week to ensure the freshest products are delivered to your local supermarket. Due to the short shelf life of the products Parilla Fresh distribute to the East Coast of Australia and South Australia only. If you can’t find sprouts at your local supermarket, please contact us and we will track down your nearest local distributor!
Parilla Fresh is pleased to announce the release of their new website providing detailed information on all things sprouts! Sprouts are a nutritious, healthy addition to salads, soups, stir fry’s and sandwiches and the perfect mid afternoon snack. The new website offers a variety of recipes for lunch, dinner, snacks and more!
1 bunch baby beetroot
1 red onion cut into wedges
100g spinach leaves
60g Goats cheese
1/2 pack alfalfa sprouts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
salt and cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200C
2. Scrub the beetroot and trim the stalks and tips. Toss in a little olive oil then cover each one in foil. Place on a baking tray. Toss the onion in a little oil as well and place on the baking tray.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool enough that you can unwrap and handle the beetroot.
4. Using disposable gloves if you prefer, remove the skins from the beetroot and cut in half. Cut any larger ones into quarters.
5. Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
6. Arrange alfalfa sprouts and spinach leaves on serving plates along with warm beetroot and onions. Crumble over some goats cheese and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.