Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
350g spiral or penne pasta
1 bunch asparagus, cut into 3cm lengths (ends discarded)
2 zucchinis, 1 sliced and 1 sliced very thinly lengthways using a vegetable peeler
1 cup frozen peas
Pea Shoot Pesto
1 punnet Aussie Sprouts pea shoots, halved and tails discarded
1 cup basil leaves, packed
1 cup mint leaves, packed
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt
Squeeze of lemon juice
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 tbsp grated lemon rind
Small handful pea shoots, tails removed
Small handful rocket (optional)
1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Add asparagus, zucchini and peas and boil for a further 30 seconds to blanch. Drain.
- To make pesto, place pea shoots, basil, mint, pine nuts, parmesan and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- With motor running, gradually add oil and process until pesto is smooth. Add salt and lemon juice and process to incorporate. Check seasoning and add a little more salt if required.
- Add pesto to hot pasta and gently stir through.
- Divide pasta between serving plates, top with pine nuts, lemon rind, pea shoots, rocket and parmesan and serve.
|Fat – total – saturated||36.6g6.3g|
|Carbohydrate – total – sugars||67.4g4.9g|