Prep time: 15 minutes (plus 1 hour resting time)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 cup rice flour
1 x 280ml tin coconut milk
2 tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp salt
100ml vegetable oil
200g cooked prawns, shelled
200g pork belly or bacon middle rashers, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, finely sliced
6 spring onions, finely sliced
2 cups Aussie Sprouts bean sprouts
½ punnet Aussie Sprouts pea shoots
¼ cup fish sauce
Juice of 2 limes
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Butter or gem lettuce leaves
1 cup mint leaves
1 cup coriander leaves
1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- To make pancake batter, combine rice flour, coconut milk, water, turmeric and salt in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside to rest of 1 hour.
- To make dipping sauce, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook prawns, pork belly or bacon, garlic and half the spring onions for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Add a half ladleful of batter and swirl around so that it thinly coats the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until edges are golden and can be lifted off sides of pan.
- Scatter prawn mixture over half of pancake. Top with a small amount of remaining spring onions, bean sprouts and pea shoots and fold over other half to enclose. Transfer to serving plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with dipping sauce, lettuce, mint, coriander and lime wedges.
|Fat – total – saturated||43.4g15.9g|
|Carbohydrate – total – sugars||43.2g9.1g|