Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
200g rice stick noodles
2 tbsp tamarind paste
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
300g chicken breast, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 spring onions, cut into 2cm slices
2 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup roasted peanuts
1 large handful bean sprouts
¼ cup roasted peanuts, extra
Handful coriander leaves
1 lime, cut into wedges
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 15 minutes or until tender, but not too soft. Drain well with cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine tamarind paste, brown sugar and fish sauce and stir until sugar has dissolved
- Heat half the sesame oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir-fry chicken for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Add remaining sesame oil to the pan and cook garlic and spring onions for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost cooked through.
- Add rice noodles and chicken, then stir through tamarind mixture. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until noodles have absorbed liquid.
- Stir through peanuts and bean sprouts.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with extra peanuts and coriander, with lime wedges on the side.
|Fat – total – saturated||19.4g3.2g|
|Carbohydrate – total – sugars||57.2g19.1g|