Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
1 bunch brocollini, roughly chopped
1 punnet Aussie Sprouts Crunchy Combo
1 zucchini, sliced very thinly lengthways using a vegetable peeler
½ cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
⅓ cup toasted sunflower seeds
½ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1 avocado, sliced
1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp honey
¼ tsp harissa (alternatively, use a pinch of cayenne pepper)
- Cook brown rice according to directions on packet.
- Blanch brocollini in boiling water.
- Combine brown rice, brocollini, Crunchy Combo, zucchini, almonds, sunflower seeds and parsley in a large bowl.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer salad to a serving plate. Arrange avocado over top, pour over dressing and serve with lemon wedges.
|Fat – total – saturated||37.2g 5.7g|
|Carbohydrate – total – sugars||55.6g 6.4g|