Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup cornflour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 300g firm silken tofu, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, extra
- 270g (1 packet) soba noodles
- ½ punnet Aussie Sprouts pea shoots, halved and ends discarded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthwise and finely sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, sliced diagonally lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 nori sheet, finely sliced (optional)
- To make sauce, mix soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, mirin, sesame oil and water in a small jug.
- Spread cornflour and sesame seeds over a large plate and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss tofu cubes in flour mixture until well coated.
- Heat extra sesame oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry tofu for 1-2 minutes on each side, turning carefully, until golden brown. Pour over 2 tablespoons of the sauce and cook for 30 seconds or until sauce thickens.
- Boil soba noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until just soft. Add pea shoots and leave for 30 seconds or until slightly wilted. Drain and rinse, then toss through cucumber and sugar snap peas.
- Divide noodles between four bowls, top with tofu and pour over remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and nori and serve.
|Fat – total – saturated||21.6g3.1g|
|Carbohydrate – total – sugars||65.9g6.8g|