Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 salmon fillets, skin on
2 cups frozen peas
1 tbsp butter
1 clove garlic, minced
½ onion, finely diced
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
¼ cup crème fraiche
Pinch of salt
1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
Pea Shoot Salad
1 bunch asparagus, woody end removed and halved
1 cup sugar snap peas, tops and tails removed and halved diagonally
½ punnet pea shoots, halved and tails discarded
1 small fennel bulb, very finely sliced
3 radishes, very finely sliced
¼ cup mint leaves
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook salmon for 2-3 minutes each side until browned but still slightly translucent in the centre.
- To make the pea puree, cover peas with boiling water and boil for 2-3 minutes or until they float to the top. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and cook garlic and onion for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add peas to pan along with lemon rind, crème fraiche and salt. Stir to combine, then process in food processor until smooth. Check seasoning.
- To make salad, blanch sugar snap peas and asparagus in boiling water. Rinse with cold water. Combine with all other ingredients and toss gently.
- To serve, divide pea puree between serving plates, using the back of a spoon to spread it over the centre of the plate. Lay salmon fillets over pea puree, skin side up, then top with salad and serve with lemon wedges.
|Fat – total – saturated||34.9g11.1g|
|Carbohydrate – total – sugars||10.7g7.3g|