Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
¼ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
2 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup plain flour
4 chicken breast schnitzels (uncrumbed)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
150g sugar snap peas, tops and tails removed and sliced diagonally lengthwise
½ punnet pea shoots, halved and tails discarded
½ cup frozen peas, defrosted in boiling water
⅓ cup mint leaves
50g feta, crumbled
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tsp honey
1 tsp red wine vinegar
- In a shallow bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, lemon rind and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place eggs in a separate bowl and flour into a third bowl.
- Coat each chicken breast in flour, then dip in egg and finally, coat in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook schnitzels for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown (you may need to do this in batches).
- Meanwhile, to make the salad, toss together sugar snap peas, pea shoots, peas, mint leaves and feta.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, honey and vinegar. Pour over salad and toss gently.
- Serve schnitzels with a side of salad and lemon wedges.
|Fat – total – saturated||21.5g5.2g|
|Carbohydrate – total – sugars||54.3g6.0g|